5 types of materials commonly used in 3D printing
1、 ABS material
ABS material is very easy to print, and most extruders on the market can extrude very smoothly, but it has the characteristic of shrinking when cold. Therefore, the road substrate for 3D printing must be heated, otherwise its bottom can easily roll up and cause problems such as suspension.
2. ABS has good adhesion with other materials, making it easy for surface printing, coating, and coating treatment, such as surface painting, metal spraying, electroplating, welding, hot pressing, and bonding.
3. ABS printing produces a strong odor. It is a recyclable and non degradable material with advantages such as high strength and toughness, high dimensional stability, and is currently the most commonly used 3D printing material on the market. It is usually printed with a light yellow opaque color and has average surface accuracy.
2、 PC materials
1. The hardness and strength of PC materials are about 60% higher than ABS, but their toughness is relatively lower. It is a true thermoplastic material that meets all the properties of engineering plastics, including high strength, high temperature resistance, impact resistance, and bending resistance. It can be directly assembled and used as the final component.
The color printed from PC materials in 3D is generally semi transparent. The material itself has a single color, white. The surface accuracy is average.
3、 Photosensitive resin
1. Photosensitive resin, commonly known as UV resin, is a binding material composed of high polymers. These polymers are like scattered chain linked fence mesh fragments. Under ultraviolet radiation, these molecules combine with long cross-linked polymer polymers. During bonding, the polymer transforms from a resin to a hard substance.
2. Photosensitive resin material is similar to Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, which has the characteristics of high mechanical degree, no volatile odor, wide application field, convenient storage, etc. The printed surface has high precision, but it is expensive.
4、 PLA material
1. Poly (lactic acid) PLA is a kind of thermosensitive hard plastic with low environmental impact and a derivative of Renewable resource starch. It has excellent printing characteristics, no irritating odor, and is biodegradable.
2. Low cost and average surface accuracy. The surface treatment in the later stage is more difficult than ABS. In State of nature, it is generally transparent. The printed effect after adding colors often has bright colors, good glossiness, and almost no shrinkage.
Acrylic, also known as PMMA or organic glass, is an early developed plastic polymer material. Acrylic materials have a beautiful appearance, are easy to process and dye, and have good wear resistance, transparency, high temperature resistance, and chemical stability. They are mainly used in the construction, advertising, industrial, and lighting industries.
Other materials include PA11, PA12, Nylon, etc., customized according to user needs.
No.88-3, North Tongji Road, Xike County, Tong’an District, Xiamen, Fujian China